Friday, February 25, 2011

School Project and Styles

My school project is about the Greek Olympic Gods. I have to make a cover with some of the gods on it. So I picked Demeter and Athena. I copied pictures from original drawings to paper and scanned them. They were sort of inappropriate because they showed chest, so I edited that out of my versions. These are Athena and Demeter:
Athena 

Demeter
I know, Demeter looks inappropriate already, but at least there is no outline of nipples or pieces of it in there like in the original. It took me an hour each on these drawings, and I hope that when I show them to my teacher, she will be pleased, because I worked hard on these drawings. I think she will freak out a little about Demeter, but who cares. In the Athena picture, the thing on her shield is the head of Medusa, like in the myth. I had to change the belt on Demeter because it was too detailed to get onto paper, so I just made it the way it is now.

How I am putting this together is I am using photoshop to put the pictures onto a background in one thing. I edit out the background from the paper, and put them together. Also, my favorite out of the 2 is Athena, not just because she is my favorite goddess, but because she is my first drawing of the gods. I just hope that I will get better as the years go by on anime and realistic styles, because these are the works of an artist in the process of finding her style, otherwise known as me. I'm not trying to have a big ego here, but I'm just saying that I am still in the process of finding my style. I'm guessing in a few years I will find my style and be really good at it. I'm only good with Chibis right now. That's all I'm good at with anime so far, Chibis. Here is an example of my chibi.

The reason that it looks so dark is because I took a picture of it with my phone. But the others were uploaded with a scanner/printer/copier, so it's really cool. But I'm only good with Chibis. I know it looks cool, but anime itself, I've got nothing, nothing that even compares to great anime artists. So, wish me luck. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment